WHAT IS HYPNOBIRTHING AUSTRALIATM ?
HypnobirthingAustraliaTM is an empowering contemporary Australian program that teaches pregnant women and their birth companion’s simple deep relaxation, self-hypnosis, visualisation ,active birth and breathing techniques for use during labour and the postnatal period.
Hypnobirthing AustraliaTM classes are fun, informative and engaging. We use Australian practice materials, modern training and birth videos, and up to date, relevant and evidence based information.
Hypnobirthing AustraliaTM reinforces the knowing that when a woman and her birth companion are properly supported and prepared for childbirth and when her mind and body are in harmony, she will attune to her innate birthing instincts in the same well designed manner as all other mammals and achieve a comfortable, joyous and satisfying birth.
This premise empowers you the mother and your birth companion to approach your baby’s birth with confidence through education on how to:
- Create and maintain a positive mindset.
- Trust your body, especially your uterus, and understand how it has been designed to function efficiently for birth.
- Overcome fears so you can break the fear-tension-pain cycle.
- Use self-hypnosis to condition yourself to release powerful endorphins during birth.
- Achieve a state of deep relaxation and breathe effectively so you can birth with calm and grace.
- Make informed decisions about birth & communicate effectively with your caregivers.
When you have your baby with Hypnobirthing, you will not be in a trance or a sleep. You will actually be in a heightened state of awareness – awake, but deeply relaxed. You may look like you are asleep at times – but internally, you will be aware of what is going on around you when you need to be alert and present you will be.
You will be harmonically attuned to your body and your baby, and the two of you will work synergistically using your Hypnobirthing skills with the powerful array of ecstatic hormones and endorphins activated during birth. You will be focused and present as you breathe your baby into the world, affirmed in your power as the birthing goddess that all mother’s are !!!
Unit 1: Creating & maintaining a positive mindset
- Introduction to positive mindset of hypnobirthing
- Causes of Fear (including history) and how it affects our labour
- The role of our caregivers
- Mind/body connection
- What is hypnosis and how will we use it for birthing?
- Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome – how fear affects labour
- My amazing uterus– understanding the physiology behind birthing
- Relaxation breathing
- Our hormones are our friends
- Reprogramming the Subconscious
- Birthing Environment
- The language of empowered birthing
- Creating a calm birth space
- The power of Affirmations
Unit 2: Choices, knowledge & tools for empowered birthing
- Conditioning ourselves to release endorphins during birth
- Hypnosis tracks, birth music, aromatherapy
- Releasing endorphins through touch
- How to create a calm birthing space
- Choices in maternity care
- Importance of maintaining a healthy diet
- Staying Active – exercise during pregnancy
- Tips for Optimal Foetal Positioning
- Introducing our toolkit for birth
- The importance of facial relaxation
- Relaxation breathing- a skill for life
- Surge Breathing – the best tool ever!
- The ‘urge’ to push/bear down – breathing down
Unit 3: Preparing mind and body for birth
- Visualisations for pregnancy & birth
- Pre-birth bonding
- Bonding with baby at birth
- ‘Guess date’ – a normal range of pregnancy
- Artificial Inductions – things you’re not always told
- Achieving a natural start to labour
- Instant relaxation techniques
- Self-hypnosis techniques to practice alone
- Hypnosis/Relaxation Scripts & Prompts for partners
- Using anchors, suggestion, self-hypnosis during pregnancy and birth
Unit 4: Birth – bringing it all together
- Birth Preferences – the importance of open communication with your caregivers
- Special circumstances
- Membranes Releasing
- Questions to help you make good decisions
- Birth companion as advocate
- Your rights as a child bearing woman
- Breech or Posterior – options & positions
- Hypnosis for releasing fears
- What to expect through labour and birth
- When to call the midwife/go to the hospital
- Birthing positions
- The birth partner’s role
- Cord clamping and placenta delivery
- Undisturbed bonding/breastfeeding time – skin to skin
- Hypnosis- rehearsal for birth
YOU WILL LEARN:
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth
- To demystify the myth that pain is a necessary accompaniment to labour
- Techniques of deep relaxation to help you eliminate the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome
- How your body is naturally designed to conceive, nurture and birth your baby with ease and comfort
- To create your body’s own natural relaxant, using specific techniques.
- Natural ways to bring your body into labour, without chemical induction
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is supportive to a gentle birth.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing.
THE COURSE WILL BENEFIT YOU IF:
- You are pregnant and wanting a natural birth.
- You are pregnant and are booked for a caesarean.
- You have fears surrounding your birthing day.
- You are wanting to have a vaginal birth after a caesarean (VBAC).
- You have had a previous birth that was traumatic or disempowering.
- You are wanting to connect with your baby and learn about pre and post birth parenting.
- You are wanting to do an antenatal course that doesn’t focus on pain and drugs.
- You want your birth partner to be fully prepared to be able to support you
- You are wanting assistance to prepare a birth plan or preferences with informed choices.
- You are interested in learning some life changing techniques on reducing fear, stress and pain.